OPPORTUNITY FOR VIDEO RECORDING ORCHESTRAL WORKS
Opportunity for video recording of your orchestral works by a magnificent symphony orchestra in a magnificent concert hall!
It is designed for those composers who wish to hire a symphony orchestra to perform and video record their orchestral compositions. Supported by the SCO Foundation, the hiring fee has been set as a small portion of the actual costs as contributions.
The contribution fee covers:
- Video Recording Program - Selected works will be video recorded by the Sydney Contemporary Orchestra, enabling a lasting legacy for personal and/or commercial purposes. The recordings will be published on our website via YouTube.
- Performances in public concerts - Video recordings will be taken during the public concerts in Sydney Australia. Supported by the SCO Foundation and with composers contribution fees to share the costs of such costly orchestral concerts.
- Digital Publishing Scheme - All recorded works will be eligible for digital publishing and distributing on our website for public purchases.*
- List composers' names on our website - All qualified submissions will be listed on our website, one of the largest websites for contemporary composers and contemporary compositions with a high visitor traffic flows.
(*All revenue of score/parts sales will be composers' royalties and will be forwarded to composers)
Submit your works to apply a sharing-position with other composers to make your dreams true.
Composers of all nationalities and all ages who wishing their orchestral works to be performed and video recorded may submit the works to apply a share position.
6 (or 8) compositions will be selected for a concert to be video recorded in a magnificent concert hall in Sydney Australia.
Three concerts will be scheduled in Sydney International Composers Concerts 2018.
In three categories:
- String Quartet
- Chamber Music
- Orchestral Music
- High artistic value and musical content
- High level compositional techniques
- Passion for new music
- Willing and able to make contribution fee
Instrumentation: Violin I, Violin II, Viola, Cello
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Online Score Submission Form (in PDF format and for orchestral parts in .zip files, audio MP3/MP4 files).
- Post your hard copy of the score (if it has been published or if it is an oversized score) and DVD/CD (if available) to:
6 Belvedere Avenue
Castle Hill NSW 2154
(Submitted materials will not be returned )
If the work is selected you will receive an official confirmation letter/invoice, and instruction for contribution fee payment.
After the payment completed you will receive an official receipt with details of concert and rehearsal schedules.
Contribution fee can be paid by direct deposit:
Account Number: 501109
In the description field, please enter your full name.